Happy Friday, loves! I thought this post would be fitting as we're in the thick of engagement season. I myself just said YES to my best friend when she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding this coming November. She had a very cute and personal way of asking me to be a part of her special day and I loved it.
The way my friend asked me to be a part of her wedding had me thinking so I reached out to Kirstin over at Smitten Boutique in Chicago and asked her what she's been seeing in her store and she came up with this GREAT list!
"At Smitten - We LOVE weddings and so nothing is more exciting than a new engagement!! Once the 'big' question has been answered - we all know that the next questions go out to those VIP ladies & gents in a couple's life and if you're going to do it - why not make it fun, personal and memorable for all involved. Below are our favorite new ideas and a few tried and true ones we can't get enough of (many of them are available at Smitten)!!" -Kirstin
1. A card is a given - but we are obsessed with the Paper Doll "Will You Be" cards we just received at Smitten (reminds us of the ones we used to make - although mine weren't this pretty).
2. What girl doesn't love a little bling of her own and the rhinestone bow earrings newly released from The Pink Orange fit the bill! They come in a perfectly pink box on a card that pops the question for you (in gold foil, of course).
3. For those ladies that can't seem to drag themselves away from social media - why not ask your ladies to stand-up at your wedding by creatively inviting them to Pin their fav bridesmaid gowns on your newly created Wedding Board!!
4. On a budget? Buy a copy of your favorite wedding magazine and some fun post-its and pen a note reminding her that her "opinion has always meant so much - I need it more now than ever"
5. Pick out a beautiful frame and have a calligrapher hand write a message to each girl that they'll always treasure. Add your favorite picture of the two of you behind the note. They can eventually move the picture to the front of the frame but they'll know that there's a special note secretly stashed in back.
6. No one wants cold feet at a wedding, including your wedding party! That's why we love the wedding party socks from Gumball Poodle - every time we order them, they seem to fly out the door!!
7. A little something for 'under' that special dress - no one does it better than Hanky Panky with their pretty pink Bridesmaid panties - something your ladies can use for long after they've hung up their Bridesmaid dress!!
8. For the bride that really wants to make a lasting memory with her chosen few, we LOVE the gold framed magnet boards from Mikey Lin - especially one with a special message like the "she leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes". Add your favorite picture of the two of you with one magnet and a "my day wouldn't be the same without you by my side" note with another and voila: something she's sure to hang in her house (and her heart) forever!!
9. We know it's been done but we still think you can't go wrong with a bottle of bubbly and a *ladies only* night in. I mean it's champagne - who doesn't love that!! Want to spice up an old favorite - add a custom label on the bottle!
10. One of the things we love the most about our BFFs is that they've always been there for us and what better time to let them know that means the world to you! We can't get enough of the Kate Spade "I've got your back" sew in labels. Give your gals one of them paired with a cozy scarf or a stylish wrap and she'll think of you every time she hits the town!!